Sunday, January 8, 2012

Super Mario Galaxy 2 - Custom Level - Grandmaster Galaxy "Master Quest"

Super Mario Galaxy 2 - Custom Level - Grandmaster Galaxy "Master Quest" Video Clips. Duration : 7.42 Mins.


Now, I don't know about you guys, but I definitely feel that Grandmaster Galaxy's The Perfect Run was way too easy. In my infinite wisdom, I therefore decided to make it harder! This is what happens when you leave me in charge of level design... Using a hex editor and a small GUI editor from Chadderz, I completely redesigned all of the Grandmaster Galaxy sections, enemies, powerups, you name it. I even altered the text Rosalina says upon talking to her at the end. The result... is what you see here. I call it Grandmaster Galaxy's "Master Quest", which is, of course, a play of The Legend of Zelda's Ocarina of Time Master Quest. I think it lives up to its name. I lost count of how many tries it took to get this run completely right and walk away both in one piece, and with a star for my troubles. The new Hammer Bros section is particularly evil, and it took a long while to develop a reasonably reliable strategy for it. As most people will, I skip most of Section 4 using clouds. However, if you notice, in Rosa's section... once again there is a star floating in the air, way out of reach, like my star 243 video. You can guess what that means. No, I haven't managed to earn that mid-air star yet, you can be certain I'll upload a video if I do :P Anyways, anyone going for that star won't be able to skip sections at random with clouds. So, if you're interested in throwing yourself headfirst into this monstrousity... here are the links you need. You'll need at least 241 stars, 242 ...

Keywords: Super, Mario, Galaxy, Custom, Level, Mr, Bean, mrbean35000vr, Star, 244, SMG2, Luigi, Nintendo, Wii, Master, Quest, 35000, vr

No comments:

Post a Comment